Amanda-Users

Re: Restoring an ArcServe tape on Linux without ArcServe

2004-09-08 04:39:26
Subject: Re: Restoring an ArcServe tape on Linux without ArcServe
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Iulian Topliceanu <iulian.topliceanu AT net-m DOT de>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:35:53 +0200
Hi,
AFAIK, and i'm not an arcserve-guru...;-), arcserve uses a propietary format to store the data onto tape.
So you will have to install arcserve to restore from this tpes.
I'm not aware of any other tool to restore from these tapes.
Christoph

Iulian Topliceanu schrieb:
Hi,

This might be not the right place to post this question but I had no other clue.

How do I restore a full ArcServe tape (some backup utility) under linux without having ArcServe installed?

Or at least, how can I see if there is something on a tape or not? I tried to use amrestore (and obviously didn't work since it wasn't an Amanda tape) and restore gives an error like: restore: Tape read orror on the first record.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Iulian