Amanda-Users

Re: exclude file issues..

2004-09-05 06:33:13
Subject: Re: exclude file issues..
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:25:00 +0200
Hi, Martin,

on Freitag, 03. September 2004 at 12:50 you wrote to amanda-users:

MH> trying to use the exclude list style where the file info is in the file.....

MH> I guess I could always nfs mount the entire thing and use the exclude
MH> list on that with a tar backup???

I have tested a setup where I mount a SMB/CIFS-share (from a
Windows-box) via mount.cifs (Linux ...) and then use the standard
GNUtar-way of doing things, where it is possible to specify more than
only one exclude-option.

This works, but depends on your OS.

MH> Paul Bijnens wrote:

>> Amanda support for samba can handle only one exclude file.
>>
>> (Samba 2.x.x and later could handle more, but nobody needed it
>> so badly that he patched amanda for it, yet.)

smbclient is able to exclude more than one pattern since I requested a
patch to be merged into Samba-3 quite a while ago.

What is still missing is that AMANDA makes use of these new
capabilities of smbclient.

patches welcome ;-)

--
best regards,