Amanda-Users

amanda failed to report via email

2004-07-16 17:44:53
Subject: amanda failed to report via email
From: Nina Pham <nina AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:38:59 -0700
I have amanda running in a cron job, it suppose to backup 3 things. However, for some permission problem, 1 thing is failed to back up. I thought it would send the report via email to the email address specified in mailto no matter what. But that day, I didn't recieve the report via email. When I fix the permission problem, it successfully backup and I received email report everyday since then. What might cause the problem of sending email? is it a amanda bug? I doesn't make sense to me that amanda doesn't send report when there's a problem .