Amanda-Users

getting amanda to dump AFS

2004-07-16 11:01:10
Subject: getting amanda to dump AFS
From: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:56:45 -0400
(I've sent this to the amanda-afs list, but I appear to be the only
person other than Mitch actually on it, and he's apparently really
busy :(

I've installed the amanda-afs utilities on my AFS server/amanda
client, and I've installed amanda (with afs patches) on the same.

amcheck returns fine, amdump fails.  My guess is that the
gtar-wrapper.pl script which is *supposed* to get called from runtar
is not actually getting called, since runtar doesn't know to call it.

I've tried on the amanda ./configure line to specify

  --with-gnutar=/usr/sbin/gtar-wrapper.pl

however, that resulted in:

  WARNING: *** /usr/sbin/gtar-wrapper.pl is not GNU tar, so it will not be used.

Does anyone else here have amanda backing up AFS, and if so, can you
help me along?

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE