Amanda-Users

RE: please, help with samba/windows setup

2004-07-08 10:22:47
Subject: RE: please, help with samba/windows setup
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 07:02:23 -0700
A few things I would check:

*) Since you area already part of a domain, your amandapass does not require
the third field that specifies the workgroup.

*) Your disklist specifies nocomp-user-gnutar as the backup method.  What is
listed in there?

*) check out the errors logs in /tmp/amanda.  It might help highlight a few
issues with the backup errors.

*) The packages that you are using are fairly old.  You might want to try
upgrading them as the updated package might contain fixes relevant to your
problem.

I am able to successfully backup windows2000 systems using amanda on a redhat
box, so I do know that this works.  It has nothing to do with your linux box
needing to be a PDC. So long as your linux box is a member of the domain, you
should be okay.

-Rob