Amanda-Users

Cygwin question...

2004-07-08 10:02:24
Subject: Cygwin question...
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:55:56 -0400
Hi! I have a number of Win2K machines I'm backing up using cygwin-based Amanda. Most of them work just great, however I haven't added a new machine for several months. Just a few days ago, I added a new machine, using the already-compiled binaries from the other machines, and I'm having a problem...

First, this is amanda 2.4.4 (I haven't done any upgrades for a while, so there may be newer versions out). It was compiled on Cygwin 1.3.20. I'm trying to run it on Cygwin 1.5.10. I realize that this might be the problem, but I'd rather not recompile it if I can, as it was a pain to get compiled correctly.

It passes amcheck just fine. However, when it actually tries to back up, I get the following errors in the log files:

in amandad.*.debug (this being the third amadad.debug file from the evening):

amandad: time 0.020: bsd security: remote host xxx.xxx.xxx.edu user amanda local user SYSTEM
amandad: time 0.020: amandahosts security check passed
amandad: time 0.020: running service "/usr/local/amanda/libexec/sendbackup" ERROR [sendbackup: could not create data socket: Operation not permitted]

in sendbackup.*.debug:

sendbackup: debug 1 pid 1344 ruid 18 euid 18: start at Wed Jul 7 23:24:05 2004
/usr/local/amanda/libexec/sendbackup: version 2.4.4
  parsed request as: program `GNUTAR'
                     disk `/cygdrive/c'
                     device `/cygdrive/c'
                     level 0
                     since 1970:1:1:0:0:0
options `|;auth=bsd;srvcomp-fast;index;include-list=.amanda-gtar-includes;'
sendbackup: stream_server: socket() failed: Operation not permitted
sendbackup: time 0.005: ERROR [sendbackup: could not create data socket: Operation not permitted]
sendbackup: time 0.005: pid 1344 finish time Wed Jul  7 23:24:05 2004

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? A google search revealed nothing...

Thanks,
Ricky