Amanda-Users

Re: Filesystems >12 GB

2004-07-02 04:44:45
Subject: Re: Filesystems >12 GB
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Madhvi Gokool <madhvin AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:26:12 +0200
Madhvi Gokool wrote:

I have a >15GB filesystem that cannot fit on one tape. So as per the
disklist example in the amanda package, I break the filesystem into <12 GB
chunks as follows : -

sa03  /terrasky/tslibrary/  {
        # all directories that start with [h-m]
        user-tar
        include "./[a-f]*"
        } 1
sa03  /terrasky/tslibrary/  {
        # all directories that start with [n-u]
        user-tar
        include "./[g-z]*"
        }
I get the following error message

[amanda@sa01 MonthlySet1]$ amcheck -s MonthlySet1
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/MonthlySet1/disklist", line 22: duplicate disk
record, previous on line 17
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/MonthlySet1/disklist", line 26: dumptype
custom(sa03:/dev/hdc1/tslibrary) already defined on line 17
amcheck: could not load disklist /usr/local/etc/amanda/MonthlySet1/disklist

The syntax for a disklist entry is:

 hostname diskname [ diskdevice ] dumptype [ spindle [ interface ] ]

When you leave out the "diskdevice",  then diskname and diskdevice are
the same.  The combination hostname+diskname must be unique.

To accomplish what you want use DLE's like:

 sa03  /terrasky/tslibrary_AF  /terrasky/tslibrary/  {
         # all directories that start with [h-m]
         user-tar
         include "./[a-f]*"
         } 1
 sa03  /terrasky/tslibrary_GZ /terrasky/tslibrary/  {
         # all directories that start with [n-u]
         user-tar
         include "./[g-z]*"
         }
 sa03  /terrasky/tslibrary_REST /terrasky/tslibrary/  {
         # all directories that start with [n-u]
         user-tar
         exclude "./[a-z]*"
         }

For "diskname" you may invent anything, as long as the
hostname+diskname is unique.
Notice also I added a third entry to catch all the rest.  That
way you wan't be suprised when some asks to restore a file named
"2nd_nobel_prize" or "_very_imporant_", etc.

Can anyone help me in determine what could be wrong with this config.  I
changed the second sa03 entry to sa03.terra.terrasky.mu and I get no error
messages.

Changing the hostname satifies "hostname+diskname" uniqueness, but
gets you into trouble when amanda believe it are two different hosts,
and Amanda cannot handle that!!!