Amanda-Users

Re: authorisation failure

2004-06-30 17:56:10
Subject: Re: authorisation failure
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT mk-net.nildram.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:51:41 +0100
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu> wrote in message
<Pine.LNX.4.58.0406301459560.10588 AT chaos.egr.duke DOT edu>

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 at 4:29pm, Tony van der Hoff wrote
>
> > I've just upgraded my Mandrake 9.1 (under which I've had Amanda working
> > perfectly for many moons) to Mandrake 10.0. Amanda planner is now
failing:

> > FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> >   planner: ERROR tony-lx:  [access as amanda not allowed from
> > amanda@tony-lx] amandahostsauth failed
> >
> > I can't immediately find the solution in the docs, so can someone please
> > point me in the right direction for fixing trhis problem?
>
> This is probably in FAQ-O-MATIC, and certainly in the mailing list
> archives.  You need to have an entry in .amandahosts in the amanda user's
> $HOME on the server that looks like this (given the above error message):
>
> tony-lx amanda

Thanks, Joshua, for both your messages. There is really no need to respond
to both the list and directly. As I said, I've had Amanda working fine under
Mandrake 9.1, it was the upgrade to 10.0 that caused the problem. And, yes,
when I mentioned the docs, I did include FAQ-O-MATIC, and the archives.

Indeed I have that entry (and one for root, to allow amrecover) in
.amandahosts. However, you did give me cause to ensure that it was there :-)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

--
Tony van der Hoff       | mailto:tony AT mk-net.nildram.co DOT uk
Buckinghamshire England