Amanda-Users

Re: authorisation failure

2004-06-30 15:07:12
Subject: Re: authorisation failure
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT mk-net.nildram.co DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 at 4:29pm, Tony van der Hoff wrote

> I've just upgraded my Mandrake 9.1 (under which I've had Amanda working
> perfectly for many moons) to Mandrake 10.0. Amanda planner is now failing:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   planner: ERROR tony-lx:  [access as amanda not allowed from
> amanda@tony-lx] amandahostsauth failed
>
> I can't immediately find the solution in the docs, so can someone please
> point me in the right direction for fixing trhis problem?

This is probably in FAQ-O-MATIC, and certainly in the mailing list
archives.  You need to have an entry in .amandahosts in the amanda user's
$HOME on the server that looks like this (given the above error message):

tony-lx amanda

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering