Amanda-Users

Re: Is anyone using a dvd drive yet?

2004-06-24 09:33:11
Subject: Re: Is anyone using a dvd drive yet?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:12:12 -0400
On Thursday 24 June 2004 03:36, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
>Hi,
>i'm using a dvd+-rw device for archiving my vdr-recordings.
>you don't need to by cdrecord-DVDpro, there is a tool called
>growisofs out there.
>It handles dvd+ and dvd- correct, it is free, and AFAIK
>it handles the various versions of buffer-underrunprotection
>automagically.
>Christoph

That I've got, version 5.19-1.  It doesn't display the buffer status
while k3b is burning with though, which is what made me a bit
nervous.  However, so far, mounting the burnt disk seems to show each
of the files from a given /dumps/$DATE directory just fine.  I need
to figure out howto turn on the verify for it though.