Amanda-Users

Re: Estimate timeout

2004-06-11 14:12:58
Subject: Re: Estimate timeout
From: "Steven Schoch" <stevenschoch AT hotmail DOT com>
To: jlb17 AT duke DOT edu
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:56:09 -0700
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> "admin prohibited" is definately a result of iptables filtering.
> Have a close look in homer.  Execute "iptables -L".
>
> Maybe the solution is loading the amanda iptables module,
> if that is available on the machine.

I'd be interested to see if that fixes it.

The following line was added to /etc/sysconfig/iptables:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp -s XX.XX.XX.0/24 --sport 10080 -j ACCEPT

...where XX.XX.XX is the IP address of our local 'external' network, on which both homer and marge are located.

The problem has been solved.

--
Steve

Watch the online reality show Mixed Messages with a friend and enter to win a trip to NY http://www.msnmessenger-download.click-url.com/go/onm00200497ave/direct/01/