Amanda-Users

Forcing a full dump of all filesystems.

2004-06-02 11:28:26
Subject: Forcing a full dump of all filesystems.
From: "Bernard McAuley" <bernard.mcauley AT phyworks-ic DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:25:44 +0100
Hi,

I would like to use Amanda to run a 'full' archived backup of all the
systems so that I can take the tapes off site and keep them permenantly.
I'd like to run this on a quarterly basis.

I have two problems with this.  Firstly, I can't use an inifinite tape
cycle according to the configuration file, other than using a very large
number is there a way I can ensure that Amanda won't want to recycle the
tapes at a future date.

My second problem is that I don't want Amanda 'planning' the dumps and
deciding to wait until the next cycle to dump certain systems.  To this
end I've set dump cycle to 0 weeks and runspercycle to 0.  Is this the
correct, or indeed a sensible thing to do?

Regards,

Bernard McAuley
bernard.mcauley AT phyworks-ic DOT com