Amanda-Users

Re: Troubles with Amanda on AIX 5.2L:

2004-04-30 08:36:10
Subject: Re: Troubles with Amanda on AIX 5.2L:
From: Dmitry Likhachev <dvl AT stacksoft DOT ru>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:30:49 +0400
> Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote:
> What is wrong with /etc/amandates?  It should be owned by user bin, and
> writeable by that user.  (I guess that's correct, otherwise, you would
> have a different errormsg, I believe.)  Is the content corrupt maybe?
> Try to start with an empty file.
>
> Or do you have trouble with the locking-semantics on AIX?  You did
> run a "make distclean" before you did "./configure --without-..."
> did you?
>
> Tar 1.12 is old, so old, I don't remember if it can do
> listed-incremental, which is actually better than using /etc/amandates.
>
> The "current" and proved working version of tar is tar-1.13.25, and can
> be downloaded from:
>
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/tar/tar-1.13.25.tar.gz
>
> (There are known problems with 1.13.90-92, I don't know if they were
> solved in 1.13.94 which seems to be the latest alpha version.  If you're
> not in for experiments, stick to 1.13.25.)

Hello, Paul.
Owner of /etc/amandates is a "bin", and owner-group "bin".
Permissions sets to 0660. File is empty.

Yeap, i install tar-1.13.25,  i did "make clean" and "make distlclean" before
start new compilation of amanda-2.4.2p2 (without any patches).
All this I have already done before sending  my first message to this maillist,
but anyway i recieve a same error message.

Thanks for your advise.