Amanda-Users

Re: Troubles with Amanda on AIX 5.2L:

2004-04-30 05:40:51
Subject: Re: Troubles with Amanda on AIX 5.2L:
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Dmitry Likhachev <dvl AT stacksoft DOT ru>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:38:04 +0100
in /tmp/amanda on the AIX machine there will be some debug files.

what do they say?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Dmitry Likhachev wrote:

I've some trouble with amanda on aix 5.2L (it's a client machine)
Maybe you can help me or introduce me, what caused this error.

I try to use amanda 2.4.2p2 patched with tar-1.12.patch and regex-3.6alpha.patch
Amanda have been compiled with following options:
--without-server
 --with-user=bin
 --with-group=bin
 --with-gnutar='path to gnu-tar'

In "disklist" i use the "always-full-tar" option and path targeted to
directory, not to device.
and there is i have follow  amanda report:
 -- my.system /directory lev 0 FAILED [data timeout]
 sendbackup: start [my.system:/directory level 0]
 sendbackup: could not unlock /etc/amandates: Bad file number? dumper: strange
[missing size line from sendbackup]
 dumper: strange [missing end line from sendbackup]

What does this mean?

P.S I was try to use amanda-2.4.2p2 without any patches and i again have this error.
My Amanda-server (amanda-2.4.2.p2) work on Linux machine and backup other
systems (linux and hp-ux) fine.

the system manager.