Amanda-Users

Re: amdump: request timed out.. already read FAQ & troubleshooting

2004-04-29 04:09:05
Subject: Re: amdump: request timed out.. already read FAQ & troubleshooting
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Kris Vassallo <kris AT linuxcertified DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:06:08 +0200
Kris Vassallo wrote:

- I am getting debug logs in /tmp/amanda

What kind of debug logs?  There should be a log from amandad with
the protocol packets in it, and sendsize log, and a sendbackup log,
and to run{tar,dump} logs.
Which are there, compare it carefully with one that did succeed.
Maybe send it to the list, (or to me if you believe too much sensitive
information is in it).

One of the stupid things that bit me once was running out of swap
space: amcheck did succeed, but anything using more memory crashed
without traces in the logs.