Amanda-Users

amrecover

2004-04-27 11:01:39
Subject: amrecover
From: nejat onay erkose <nejat_onay.erkose AT int-evry DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:58:24 +0200
Hello Again,

I sent this email before but i couldn't get the answer or I didnt understand what I have read well and therefore still have the same kind of problem To summarize, I have 15 virtual tapes and I just want to extract a few files from one of these tapes (just testing amanda,yet). However, I got the below message (I understood that it tells me to load the tape test12 but it is already virtual so It is automatic I guess). Anyone,has an idea about what to be done in this case?It might me something very simple but since I am a new learner of Amanda I couldn't find the problem
  Thank you.

"""Extracting files using tape drive /dev/null on host localhost.
Load tape test12 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on localhost.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]?"""