Amanda-Users

Re: statistic values

2004-04-26 10:16:56
Subject: Re: statistic values
From: Yu Chen <chen AT hhmi.umbc DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:13:10 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

I was checking my amanda reports, and found out most of them the "Run
Time" is less than "Dump Time", which means "inparallel" is working.
But some of them the "Dump Time" appears less then "Run Time", is this
right? When could this happen?

Thanks in advance for your time and advise!

Chen

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Paul Bijnens wrote:

> Christian Molière wrote:
>
> > ~                          Total       Full      Daily
> > ~                        --------   --------   --------
> > Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:08
> > Run Time (hrs:min)         2:27
> > Dump Time (hrs:min)        3:59       3:38       0:21
> >
> > and i'd like to know what does run time value represente ?
> > Is someone can give me this information ?
>
> The run time is the wall clock time, from the time amanda was
> started, until it finished.  2 hours, and 27 minutes in the case above.
> If amanda started at one minute past midnight, it finished at 2:28
> in the morning.
>
> The first 8 minutes of this period were used to do the estimate phase.
>
> If all the dumps were run sequentially one after another, it would have
> taken 3 hours 59 minutes, (3 hours 38 minutes for the full dumps plus
> 21 minutes for the incremental dumps).

Yu Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Chemistry Building, Rm 182
University of Maryland at Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

phone:  (410)455-6347 (primary)
        (410)455-2718 (secondary)