Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck fails

2004-04-14 00:23:57
Subject: Re: amcheck fails
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:20:31 -0400
On Tuesday 13 April 2004 13:50, Pablo Quinta Vidal wrote:
>Hi list!!
>I have a problem with the amcheck while doing amcheck Diaria:
>
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>--------------------------------------
>NOTE: info dir /usr/adm/amanda/Diaria/curinfo/127.0.0.1: does not
> exist ...
>
>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>WARNING: 127.0.0.1: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
>
>I have the lines in etc/services and etc/inetd.conf

Does your system use inetd?  Most are using xinetd now, more secure.

In other words, do you have a directory /etc/xinetd.d?  If so, the
scripts that go in there are completely different from the one liners
in inetd.conf.

>The client  is the server and in the home directory I have this
>.amandahosts:
>
>127.0.0.1 amanda
>
>In the disklists I only have this :
>
>127.0.0.1 /PRUEBA nocomp-user

Thats (the 127.0.0.1) an alias for localhost.  Please please please
read the FAQ and do not use localhost or its derivatives, use a Fully
Qualified Domain Name aka a FQDN thats resolvable in your /etc/hosts
file or in a running DNS server your machine knows about.  The
machines name and address MUST be unique and resolvable.

>I maybe I forgot something. Any idea?
>Thanks.

>Protege tu correo del spam y los virus con MSN 8. Prueba gratis dos
> meses MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=es-es&XAPID=199&DI=1055

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: