Amanda-Users

AIT-2

2004-04-07 14:30:32
Subject: AIT-2
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:25:10 -0700
Hi,

I'm currently having problems restoring files from my amanda backup system.  I
am able to narrow the problem down to my AIT-2 tape drive.  If I restore files
from amanda backups that are still on the holding disk, I have a successful
restore.  If I restore files from any of the AIT-2 tapes, I get tar errors.

So I have a few questions:

1) When amanda uses tar to backup the data, what is the blocking size that
amanda uses?

2) If anyone here is using an sdx-500 AIT-2 tape drive, what are your dip
switches set to? (I'm wondering if I need to enable variable block sizing on
the drive).

3) Has anyone else using an AIT tape drive had similar problems?

Thanks

-Rob