Amanda-Users

RE: tape device /dev/st0 not responding - RH9

2004-04-01 11:00:28
Subject: RE: tape device /dev/st0 not responding - RH9
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:46:40 -0500
Thanks all so far for the help. I am still stuck with this.

1. I don't think I have stinit configured; there's no stinit.conf in
/etc/.
2. Using /dev/nst0 works no better than /dev/st0. if I "mt" anything,
using either, the command prompt just returns after a second, and no
response from the drive.
3. Tarring directly to the drive, it appears to work OK! "tar -cvf
/dev/nst0 /home", and the drive blinks for a while.

Thanks guys, I know this isn't strictly "amanda" related. I really try
to exhaust all personal ideas before posting here.