Amanda-Users

Re: parallel tape usage/ RAIT or what else?

2004-03-29 12:17:19
Subject: Re: parallel tape usage/ RAIT or what else?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:12:10 -0500 (EST)
Isn't there a possiblity of port conflict on the server ?

Don't you have to have separate binaries on the server for
the different configs if they are accessing the same ethernet
interface ?

I got around this on my site by having one config backup local
disks and another config backing up disks that where attached
to amanda-clients != amanda-server.

Was that unneccessary on my end ?