Amanda-Users

Annoying

2004-03-24 07:28:59
Subject: Annoying
From: Brendon Standing <brendons AT clubtech.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:25:01 +0200
Hi all,

I am a cpio man, and am used to getting a backup to do what I want it to
(IE flexible, without to many complications).
This is why Amanda is irritating me at the moment. Earlier I had the
problem where I was being ask for Monday's tape (Which was a public
holiday and so didn't run). After seeking your advise, I realized that
Amanda needed to run with Labels. I got a hold of Monday's tape which is
held offsite in the attempt to keep Amanda happy with the idea of also
running Tuesday backup afterwards.

However when trying to backup (# amdump CLG), I am receiving the error:
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [tape_rdlabel: tape open: /dev/nsa1: Device
not configured].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: MONDAY.

I then tried to flush to tape (# amflush CLG) and get the error:*** A
TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [tape_rdlabel: tape open: /dev/nsa1: Device not
configured].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush again to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: MONDAY.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

--
Regards,

Brendon Standing