Amanda-Users

Re: Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD

2004-03-23 10:25:46
Subject: Re: Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:19:31 -0500
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 08:48:48AM -0500, edwin valencia wrote:
> HI...
>
> I want to know how to fix this error message.
>

> [root@servidor-backup restore]# amrecover DailySet1
> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2-tapeio. Contacting server on servidor-backup ..
> 220 servidor-backup AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2-tapeio) ready.
> 200 Access OK
> Setting restore date to today (2004-03-23)
> 200 Working date set to 2004-03-23.
> 200 Config set to DailySet1.
> 200 Dump host set to servidor-backup.
> Trying disk / ...
> Trying disk rootfs ...
> Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD '/tmp/restore'
> amrecover>

It is not an error, it is informational only.

amrecover needs to know which disklist entry you want to recover.
You can tell it after amrecover starts with various set... commands.
You can tell it before amrecover starts with command line options.
And amrecover tries to "guess" based on what directory is current
whey you enter amrecover.  If it matches one of the disklist entries
then it sets the host and directory to those values.  If the current
directory ($CWD) does not match any disklist entry, amrecover tells
you that (can't determine ...).

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)