Amanda-Users

Re: Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD

2004-03-23 09:14:08
Subject: Re: Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:11:04 +0100
Hi, edwin,

on Dienstag, 23. März 2004 at 14:48 you wrote to amanda-users:

ev> I also believe that my amanda has something missing because
ev> when I exec the following comand :

ev> [root@servidor-backup restore]# amrecover DailySet1
ev> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2-tapeio. Contacting server on servidor-backup ..
ev> 220 servidor-backup AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2-tapeio) ready.
ev> 200 Access OK
ev> Setting restore date to today (2004-03-23)
ev> 200 Working date set to 2004-03-23.
ev> 200 Config set to DailySet1.
ev> 200 Dump host set to servidor-backup.
ev> Trying disk / ...
ev> Trying disk rootfs ...
ev> Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD '/tmp/restore'
amrecover>>

ev> --
ev> That is the message.  How can I solve this problem?
ev> --

It is no problem:

Just say "disklist" on the amrecover-prompt, and after choosing the
disk you would like to recover, do a "setdisk".

Saying "help" there helps, too ;)

The message you get just indicates that amrecover could not find your
$CWD on your backups, to say it simplified.

Recovering stuff into tmp-dirs is a GOOD thing, stay with it.

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger