Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda vs firewall

2004-03-22 14:20:51
Subject: RE: Amanda vs firewall
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: hzi AT syncera DOT nl
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:15:55 -0600
Hans:

Did you also allow a range of UDP ports for Amanda to use?  There is a
configuration parameter (--udpportrange=xxx,yyy) that specifies the set
of UDP ports for Amanda to use.  We chose the range of 890-899, as we
had nothing else specified to run in that range of ports.  The firewall
is set to allow connections from the DMZ clients to the Amanda server
and also in the reverse direction.  How this is set up will depend on
your firewall.

All of this setup was about a year ago, so I forget some of the details
of the use for these ports, but Amanda was happily backing up systems
through those ports until we retired the system that needed the connection.

Questions?

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey