Amanda-Users

Re: rebooting impossible

2004-03-22 08:31:22
Subject: Re: rebooting impossible
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:23:26 -0500
On Monday 22 March 2004 03:45, pascal thomas wrote:
>I think I have big problems with my Fedora Core 1 operating system.
> After I have tested amanda by backing up big partitions from a
> client, my Backupserver can´t reboot properly. It hangs and the
> message: "activating swap area" is the last message printed on
> screen.
>
>What could have happened?

Wow!  And I have no idea how that could be blamed on amanda.

When you installed fedora, where did you put the swap, and how big is
it?  Also, how much main memory is in the box?

These are the usual questions, and aren't amanda related AFAIK.  I am
still running a very heavily updated RH8 install here, and currently
booted to a 2.6.5-rc2 kernel.  It, and amanda are working pretty
good.

You should be able to reboot from the first cd, using the keyword
'rescue', and be able to run fdisk to see if the partition table is
still valid.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: