Amanda-Users

Samba and local mounts timeout

2004-03-21 11:24:36
Subject: Samba and local mounts timeout
From: Vytas Janusauskas <vytas AT dendron DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:11:19 -0500
Amanda has been purring along for months now, however the last 4 days she has been timing out on all drives Samba and local server mounted drivers. As far as I know nothing has been changed except that regular updates are done to the Debian distribution using apt-get.

System is running Linux 2.4.23-1-686
Samba version is 3.0.2a-Debian
Amanda version is 2.4.4p2
Amanda config has dtimeout of 1800 and etimeout of 300.

I get the following error messages in the log file for each Samba mount

FAIL planner vxa2 /data03/archive/pent21/e 20040318 0 [Estimate timeout from vxa2]

Also all local drives are timing out with the following message

FAIL planner vxa2 /scans/d 20040318 0 [Estimate timeout from vxa2]

The strange thing is that it continues to backup another Linux servers files.

Anyone have any ideas of what has got Amanda all upset?

Thanks,

Vytas

Vytas Janusauskas
Dendron Resource Surveys Inc.