Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore fails

2004-03-18 10:31:09
Subject: Re: amrestore fails
From: "Iulian Topliceanu" <iulian.topliceanu AT net-m DOT de>
To: "Paul Bijnens" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:27:58 +0100 (CET)
> Your tape was not rewound.  Either, manually rewind the tape
> and (to speed up) optionally position manually with "mt fsf" to just
> before the image you need.
> Or better, add these parameters to amanda.conf:
>
> amrecover_do_fsf on
> amrecover_check_label on
>
> (available since 2.4.3 I believe), and then amanda does this for you.

I'm running amanda-2.4.4p2. I've added the parameters in my amanda.conf
but nothing happens exept the 'amrestore /dev/nst0 ^iulian$ ^/$ 20040317'
does not work anymore.

[root@amanda root]# amrestore /dev/nst0 ^iulian$ ^/$ 20040317
amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
amrestore:   0: reached end of information

> Probably after you (accidently?) rewound the tape.

I did not. It ran without doing anything, but now, as you can see, it's
not running anymore :)

I've linked /dev/tape to /dev/nst0 and:

[root@amanda root]# mt status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=1, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x40 (DLT1 40 GB, or Ultrium).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (81010000):
 EOF ONLINE IM_REP_EN

[root@amanda root]# mt fsf
[root@amanda root]#

So nothing happens. I should I manualy rewind a tape? I guess not by using
my finger.

And one more thing.

Subject: DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0

*** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
The next new tape already labelled is: DailySet1-0.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  shiva      / RESULTS MISSING
  iulian     / RESULTS MISSING

All my tapes are labeled.