Amanda-Users

problem with ibm 3581 (7 slots ) tape charger

2004-03-18 10:14:36
Subject: problem with ibm 3581 (7 slots ) tape charger
From: Frederic Medery <dist-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:17:24 -0500
I just install amanada on my backup serveur.
My config files are at the end of the email.
I can talk to the Charger and the tape drive.

But if I do a amtape daily current I receive :
amtape: scanning current slot in tape-changer rack:
slot 4: date 20040318 label daily-03

The prob is that the tape is from slot 3.

is it prob with stafile, ... ?

thanks !!

My config Files:

chg-scsi.conf :
number_configs 1
eject 0 sleep 90 cleanmax 100 changerdev /dev/sg2 config 0 drivenum 0 dev /dev/nst0 startuse 0 enduse 6 statfile /etc/amanda/daily/tape0-slot
usagecount      /etc/amanda/daily/totaltime
tapestatus /etc/amanda/daily/tapestatus tapestatus /etc/amanda/daily/tape0-status
debuglevel      9:0

amanda.conf
#
# Fichier de configuration pour les backups journaliers de Amanda
#