Amanda-Users

amtape problems

2004-03-10 15:19:39
Subject: amtape problems
From: "Benjamin Hyatt" <ben AT hyattphoto DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:16:06 -0800
Hello,

I'm having some problems with amtape and a L280 changer.
Specifically, I'm unable to use amtape for anything other than showing the
current slot,
and ejecting the current slot.

(amanda)@atbackup:/tmp/amanda$ amtape atlab current
amtape: scanning current slot in tape-changer rack:
slot 3: date X        label atlab-03

(amanda)@atbackup:/tmp/amanda$ amtape atlab eject
amtape: slot 3 is ejected.

(amanda)@atbackup:/tmp/amanda$ amtape atlab slot 4
amtape: could not load slot /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx:: loadslot: not
found

My setup consists of the following:
Sun E450 (solaris 9 + current patch set)
Storedge L280
mtx version 1.2.16
amanda version 2.4.4p2

What's strange is mtx by itself works just fine.  I can load, unload, run an
inquiry etc etc.

(amanda)@atbackup:/usr/local/libexec$ mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c3t1d0 load 3
(amanda)@atbackup:/usr/local/libexec$ mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c3t1d0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/scsi/changer/c3t1d0:1 Drives, 8 Slots ( 0
Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 3 Loaded)
      Storage Element 1:Full
      Storage Element 2:Full
      Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Full
      Storage Element 5:Full
      Storage Element 6:Full
      Storage Element 7:Full
      Storage Element 8:Full

amcheck doesn't complain with the proper tape loaded:

(amanda)@atbackup:/usr/local/libexec$ amcheck atlab
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 17234451 KB disk space available, using 17029651
KB
amcheck-server: slot 3: date X        label atlab-03 (new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape atlab-03 label ok
Server check took 13.466 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 8 hosts checked in 1.883 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ben