Amanda-Users

User size caps

2004-03-08 13:32:10
Subject: User size caps
From: Daniel Bentley <danielb AT hermod.qsicorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:29:28 -0700 (MST)
Currently running Amanda for backups of desktop shares.  The problem we
come across is amount of tape used by certain individuals (mostly of the
'managerial persuasion').  We have asked these individuals to limit the
size of data kept in their shares many times, but they always 'creep up'
above this size, to the point that they start affecting the other backups,
come their rotation for a full backup.

Is there any way to put a 'size cap' on the amount of data being backed up
from one particular source (or -all- sources, at that)?  There's a big
difference between 'Could you keep the size of the share you want backed
up to X?' and 'There is a limit to back up sizes of X.  Anything you have
above this WILL NOT be backed up...'

--
Daniel Bentley - Network Technician, QSI Corporation (www.qsicorp.com)
"Exploits care not whence the clicks come..."