Amanda-Users

server lookup failing

2004-03-03 12:12:51
Subject: server lookup failing
From: George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:08:35 -0700
After changing the IP on my amanda server, many of my clients fail amcheck with "host name lookup fail". The server is resolved via dns (not in /etc/hosts), running "host" on the clients returns the proper IP. Re-booting the client fixes the problem, but I'd rather not reboot all my clients. So, does amanda cache the server IP somewhere that I can flush? I been looking around but have't found anything.

thanks

--
George Kelbley                  System Support Group
Computer Science Department     University of New Mexico