Amanda-Users

samba excludes and includes

2003-10-31 14:54:32
Subject: samba excludes and includes
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:53:17 -0500
Amanda currently allows only a single file pattern
to be excluded from samba dumps.  And the include
feature is not supported at all.

Samba, on the other hand, does allow multiple patterns
to be excluded (though with a different syntax than tar)
and has an include feature that seems to work.

I've been working on an smbclient wrapper to allow
multiple pattern excludes but that got me wondering
about the include feature.

Though I've not looked at the code, it seems like enabling
the include feature would require nearly the same changes
that went into adding exclude.  Is there any reason,
aside for lack of interest in the past, that the include
feature was not added?

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)