Amanda-Users

test recovery

2003-10-28 21:15:29
Subject: test recovery
From: "Barry Haycock" <bhaycock AT securenet.com DOT au>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:11:12 +1100
I have inherited a network of solaris machines backed up by amanda.

I have no problem backing up the data but would like to perform a test
recover for my sake.

When I use amrecover <config>
When I try and get the file to restore I get

amrecover> lcd /data01/temp
amrecover> add sulog-2003-10-26-0000.gz
Added /adm/sulog-2003-10-26-0000.gz
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host csg905.
The following tapes are needed: csg-monthly-07

Restoring files into directory /data01/temp
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host csg905.
Load tape csg-monthly-07 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on csg905.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]? Y
amrecover> list
amrecover> ?

what is causing
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on csg905.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

and how can I fix it I cannot find the debug file mentioned to read the
problem. The file that I am asking to recover does exist on the tape
listings.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary
and those that don't.