Amanda-Users

amrestore query

2003-10-28 05:10:27
Subject: amrestore query
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:06:56 -0000
Hi,

I've been backing up and restoring with a mix of tar and dump for about 3
years now without any major issues.

I am currently testing the restore of a system prior to me deploying into
production.

I'm backing up this box with tar as i only want a couple of directorys to
end up on tape.

I am able to backup fine.

I restore with the following....

amrestore -p /dev/nst0 machinename /u05/archive | tar xvfp -

When i restore however i get the following....

my files first get restored and then i get
amrestore:   2: reached end of information

is this something to be concerned about do you think? The filesizes of the
origional files and the restored ones are exactly the same.

This is with 2.4.4p1 on Linux

thanks

Tom