Amanda-Users

Amanda client 2.4.4p1 under cygwin

2003-10-28 03:45:31
Subject: Amanda client 2.4.4p1 under cygwin
From: "Rohit" <rohit AT genetechindia DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:13:50 +0530
I have a small problem. I installed amanda client 2.4.4p1 on my windows NT 4
server (server pack 6) under cygwin 1.5.5-1. Amcheck reports everything is
fine
but amanda mail report says: Request to windows timed out in the failure and
strange dump summary. Rest of the DLEs are backed up fine. Just DLEs for
this
windows box fails.

I looked at the amandad logs .. looks like amanda timesout when sending an
estimate
after computing them successfully. Attached is the amandad log file. It
almost took
2500+ seconds before giving up.

I checked access between amanda server to amanda client and vice versa.
Ethernet
connection looks good.

Where else could be the problem? Is somebody running amanda client 2.4.4.p1
in
cygwin environment?

Thanks in advance!

Rohit