Amanda-Users

more doubts

2003-10-17 02:12:59
Subject: more doubts
From: "Rohit" <rohit AT genetechindia DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:33:45 +0530
Thanks everybody for clearing my doubt!

More doubts :-)

I did few posts before expressing my concern about amanda not
backing up few partitions. I realized that one of the reason
could be that I put runspercycle as 5 weeks instead of 10
runs before.

I guess amanda was thinking that it had approx 35 days to get
full dumps of each partition instead of 10 days. Is this right
assumption? I made the correction yesterday - made runspercycle
to 10 and removed 'weeks' from that line. I did this change on
the 8th day of my 10 day dumpcycle. I don't think amanda will
be able to do full backup of those partitions in just 2 more
days left of dumpcycle.

Do you think I should wait for another cycle to complete and
raise alarm if those partitions still don't show up in the
backups?

Or do I have to start fresh? (will amanda take care of this
policy change in between?)

What do you all say?

Thanks for the help!

Rohit

PS: Meanwhile I'm also thinking to force full backups of those
partitions which amanda has been ignoring.