Amanda-Users

Re: terminology help (fwd)

2003-10-16 12:39:27
Subject: Re: terminology help (fwd)
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:46:24 -0400 (EDT)
Tom,

If all goes well you will have at least one level 0 of each
partition during the dumpcycle.

With only a single dumpcycle of tapes in the tape pool you may
find that you lose your only level 0 if there are any problems,
ie: bad physical tape, need to do flushes, dirty drive...

How many more tapes you 'should' have depends on a lot of factors,
capacity, failure rate, available funds, cost of failure (politically
as well as economically).

----- Forwarded message from Tom Brown -----

so if i have say...

1 run per night on each weekday

10 tapes in rotation

what should the tapecycle be to eliminate this?

thanks

----- End of forwarded message from Tom Brown -----