Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with amrecover and file path

2003-10-14 16:34:12
Subject: Re: Problems with amrecover and file path
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: cdp AT trynix DOT dk, amanda users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:28:59 +0200
Christoffer Dahl Petersen wrote:

Now I have a poster hanging above my desk saying: "Man of the day: Paul Bijnens"

  :-)  :-)

I tried your "workaround nr. 1", but it didnt work, but it gave me a

Strange, "it works when I do it". I just tried:

amrecover> ls
2003-07-24 .
2003-07-14 help/
2003-07-24 newfile
2003-07-24 space dir1/
2003-07-24 space dir2/
2003-07-24 subdir1/
amrecover> cd space*dir1
/home/paul/tmp/dirs/dir3/space dir1

Maybe an older version?
There are some more bugs in amrecover:

amrecover> cd ..
/home/paul/tmp/dirs/dir3
amrecover> cd help
Invalid command - parse error

You can't address a file or directory named "help".  Keywords
are reserved in the yacc grammar.  But quotes around the
keywords help in this case too:

amrecover> cd "help"
/home/paul/tmp/dirs/dir3/help
amrecover>

clue, here is the workaround:
setdisk /home/files
cd "  MAGS"
So why I can't use: setdisk "/home/files/ MAGS" is strange, but most important; it works!!

You can't use "setdisk" in this case because is is not a DiskListEntry.
The command "listdisk" gives a list of the entries possible for "setdisk" (in a recent version). After choosing the DLE with "setdisk"
you have to navigate further with "cd" or "cdx".

--
Paul @ Home