Amanda-Users

Set up drive as ide-scsi

2003-10-14 15:28:31
Subject: Set up drive as ide-scsi
From: M3 Freak <m3freak AT rogers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 14 Oct 2003 15:11:02 -0400
Hello all,

This message probably shouldn't be here, but it's for my tape drive, and
I want to use Amanda, so it KINDA fits. :)

Anyway, I can use my Seagate STT3401A with the ide-scsi and st modules
when I insert them using modprobe.  How do I get this modules loading
automatically when the system boots?

Currently, I have this in my /etc/modules.conf file (I did this
according to a posting I found in a newsgroup):

alias ide-tape off
alias scsi-hostadaptor ide-scsi
alias char-major-9 st

When I rebooted the system, the st module loaded, but ide-scsi did not.
The drive works just fine after I load the ide-scsi module manually.

The kernel is configuring the tape device under "/dev/hdd", but I think
it should be under "/dev/nst0".  How do I get the kernel to not use
"/dev/hdd"?

I am running a RH9 system.

Any help would be appreciated (even if it's just a pointer to the
mailing list that this message should really be in).

Thanks,

Kanwar Sandhu