Amanda-Users

Re: 2 devices on one machine

2003-10-13 11:36:54
Subject: Re: 2 devices on one machine
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Frank Smith" <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:30:14 +0100
> Make sure that each amanda.conf specifies a different changerfile.
> Each changerfile needs chgtapedev set to a different tape drive
> (just use the single digit [0,1,2...]).
> If both tape drives are in the same changer, you need to specify a
different
> range of slots for each amanda config.

thanks Frank and others....

There is only one changer here but 2 tape drives. So one is a autoloader and
the other a single drive.

I only have one change(r).conf file as i only have 1 changer

In my amanda.conf for the single drive i have nst0 for the tape drive.

In my amanda.conf and my change(r).conf for my changer config i have nst1
for the tape drive.

I really don't know where else to look -

thanks