Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda not sending emails

2003-10-05 23:23:01
Subject: Re: Amanda not sending emails
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:15:59 -0400
On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:58:27PM -0400, M3 Freak wrote:
> I thought I had the problem licked, but I rejoiced too soon.
>
> 4. Thinking I had the problem licked, I put in my final crontab entry
> for the amanda user, as follows:
> 00 14 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/amcheck -m DailySet1
> 01 0 * * 2-6 /usr/sbin/amdump DailySet1 && mt -f /dev/nst0 rewoffl
> 5. Woke up next morning, and viola, no email.  Back to square one.
>
> I don't know why it worked for a little while, and then barfed the very
> next day when amdump was supposed to run.  In fact, amdump DID run
> because I ran amreport manually on the log file, and the dump completed
> successfully.  I just didn't get an email from amanda

How did you run amreport?  With the "-f" option to save to a file?

If so, try is as simply "amreport DailySet1".  That should send email
rather than make a file.  All this will do is confirm that your amanda
setup, when run from the command line, is configured right to send mail.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)