Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple backups on one tape.

2003-08-27 14:13:55
Subject: Re: Multiple backups on one tape.
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: dbarcelo AT datajunction DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:10:37 -0400 (EDT)
    Humm, that is a question.

If you had enough spool area AND didn't mind leaving all of your backups
on disk (risky but no worse than using a tape drive as the output device)
you _could_ fail to mount the tape and run amflush once/week.

    Couldn't you ?

Still, I don't see having a single output tape, you'd have little or
no fallback if something happened, spool disk failure, tape failure,
drive problems...

Dave - not a config I'd recommend.