Amanda-Users

Re: Spam is getting old...

2003-08-27 12:55:23
Subject: Re: Spam is getting old...
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Chris Barnes <chris-barnes AT tamu DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:53:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Chris Barnes wrote:

> Changing an email address is a horrid way of dealing with spam.  Either
> personally or for a list.  *IF* it's a problem, running the email
> through a filter (my favorite is SpamAssassin) before it gets
> distributed is a MUCH better way to go.

SpamAssassin has blocked all spam/virus mail arriving through this
list for me since I started using it.  (It hasn't done as well for
non-list spam however.)  So now I don't see the spam/virus, I just
see the handful of 'you sent me a spam/virus' replies that follow
each one and are sent erroneously to the list.

If I were list manager I would either unzubscribe or block posting
from sites generating these replies.

-Mitch