Amanda-Users

Re: Spam is getting old...

2003-08-27 12:34:28
Subject: Re: Spam is getting old...
From: "Chris Barnes" <chris-barnes AT tamu DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:32:03 -0500
Byarlay, Wayne A. <wab AT purdue DOT edu> wrote:
> What is the possibility we could change the address of this mailing
> list? I don't want to unsubscribe just yet... but it's getting pretty
> annoying.

Changing an email address is a horrid way of dealing with spam.  Either
personally or for a list.  *IF* it's a problem, running the email
through a filter (my favorite is SpamAssassin) before it gets
distributed is a MUCH better way to go.

--

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes