Amanda-Users

Proper use of "elete" in amrecover?

2003-08-22 10:42:43
Subject: Proper use of "elete" in amrecover?
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:35:10 -0400
I'm having a bit of a problem, that most likely boils down to my lack of
understanding.

Here is my scenario, I'm trying to resoter an entire partion using
amrecover. So when I "setdisk" I say (for example)

setdisk /dev/dsk/d1 /usr

Then I add all files/directories on the saveset with:

addx .

So far, so good. But now i need to remove some of the files from the set of
files to be restored. Tahts where I'm running inot a problem. If I remove a
"top level" directory as follows:

dlete /sbin

All goes well, but if I try the following:

delete /sbin/ufsrestore

I get an error message about the file not existing on the directory. Yet if
I "cd" there (in amrecover), it's shown.

What am I doing wrong?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin