Amanda-Users

Re: pre- and post-dump script?

2003-08-21 17:25:28
Subject: Re: pre- and post-dump script?
From: Doug Silver <dsilver AT urchin DOT com>
To: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:26:29 -0700
Depending on your situation (i.e. if the database is on the Amanda server or
not and whether you need *everything* up to the second Amanda starts backing
up), I'd suggest that your database script dumps and restarts, then Amanda
kicks off.  Also, exclude the live DB area from Amanda's backup is also
recommended.

HTH

-doug