Amanda-Users

RE: pre- and post-dump script?

2003-08-21 17:00:50
Subject: RE: pre- and post-dump script?
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: "Rebecca Pakish Crum" <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:58:16 -0400 (EDT)
Actually, I already have the command-line to use to shut it down and
start it back up. I just need to know how to execute these commands
before Amanda starts the dump and after it's finished.

Amanda server is 2.4.2p2 on Debian Linux
Amanda client is 2.4.4 on SCO Unix
Database is Progress (but as mentioned, I already have the scripts
to shut down and start it)
SCO Unix shell is plain Bourne Shell, can't determine version.
I can run remote commands either way if need be.