Amanda-Users

Re: How can I fix this as it is failing the backup!!

2003-08-16 08:55:50
Subject: Re: How can I fix this as it is failing the backup!!
From: "C.Scheeder" <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: "Dalton, John L MONMOUTH ITS Multimax" <john.l.dalton AT us.army DOT mil>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:55:42 +0200
Hi,
you tell us your holding-area is located on /home/amanda/tmp, right?
then you should hurry to your excludelist for this partition and exclude ./amanda/tmp
completly from your backup.
it is very bad to backup a filesystem containing the holdingdisk itself
with a dumptype not excluding this area or not having the nohold option
set.
it will produce tons of data-waste in theimage for the partition,
if it doesn't fail at all.
Christoph

Dalton, John L MONMOUTH ITS Multimax wrote:

I fixed this by putting it in the exclude list
and amdump was happy - no more errors.

I do not think I need this file anyway since it is part
of the holding disk???