Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA and Irix

2003-08-15 12:07:56
Subject: Re: AMANDA and Irix
From: Orion Poplawski <orion AT cora.nwra DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:03:23 -0600
Shashi Kanbur wrote:
I have two questions which I hope some can help me with:

 My AMANDA server is running on a Debian linux machine and this can
backup my Debian linux AMANDA clients fine. I have a couple of
Irix 6.5 clients. The AMANDA client compiles ok.
If I put in the disklist file the backup to use gnutar, amcheck says it cant find the program GNUTAR despite the fact that
gnu tar is in /sbin, /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/local/bin  and so on.
If I ask it to use dump rather than tar, amcheck says things are ok
and the backup seems to work, but when i use amrecover to get a file back,
I get

I seem to recall a similar problem setting up my Irix client, and that it was looking for "gtar". I'd take a look at the /tmp/amanda/sendbackup* logs for more details.